Legal & Privacy
1. THE IMPORTANCE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We recognize that your privacy is very important and Louis Vuitton is committed to protecting your privacy. We will not collect and use your Personal Information as set out below unless you provide your Personal Information to us voluntarily. We will also comply with the requirements of the Hong Kong privacy legislation, Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance. If you choose not to provide your Personal Information, you will not be able to receive the product or service you ordered or otherwise register on our websites, apps or other media.
2. COLLECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We request Personal Information from you when you:
• register your Personal Information for the purpose of creating an account on our website or requesting for our Newsletters;
• participate in a promotion or other website feature;
• request a catalog;
• request to receive any marketing, promotional or other types of communications;
• make enquiries or comments through our Customer Department; and/or
• buy merchandise on our platform.
• Identification and Contact information (such as name, address, phone number or e-mail address), when you are willing to provide them for instance to sign up for an online account or fill out a customer information card in store, to participate in an event, to make a purchase, or when you request a “Collect in Store” service in store.
• Payment information: for instance credit card details, bank account numbers or other payment details which you must provide to receive products or services you have ordered from us.
• Demographic information like your gender and birthday.
• Your image when you visit our stores (as CCTVs are in place), or your voice when you call LV Client Services (since your call may be recorded).
• Preferences and interests which you choose to disclose in the course of your confidential contacts or encounters with our client advisors (which may include your preferences about our collections or other luxury brands, your size, your lifestyle, or basic information on your family circle).
• Information, which may include health information, related to possible adverse effect caused by our cosmetic products.
• Information you submit or post in a public space, on our social media pages or our websites, for example for a product review.
• Information about your purchases online or in stores. This could include the products you purchased and their prices.
• If you use our web sites or our mobile app, we may collect information about the browser you are using, and your browsing behaviour.
• If you use our mobile app, we may collect your GPS location, subject to your consent when required. We might also look at how often you use the app and where you downloaded it.
• If you use our connected products, we may collect information regarding your use of such products (such as which features on our product you use the most, or battery level information), as well as geolocation information if necessary to provide you the service you requested.
We may also collect information posted on third party websites or social media platforms about LV products and services, when necessary for the purposes defined hereunder and to the extent permitted by applicable law.
Your personal information is collected either directly from you (e.g., if you create an account on one of our websites/apps or make a purchase or otherwise interact with our client advisors in stores or with our LV Client Services), or from you passively (e.g., when using tracking tools like browser cookies), or from third parties (e.g. through social media platforms) to the extent permitted by applicable law.
3. USING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Your Personal Information will be used for the following purposes:
• to improve our understanding of your interests, concerns and preferences;
• to provide you with further information about changes to our website and service updates;
• to record statistical data for marketing analysis;
• to communicate with you about account information, or customer service needs;
• to better respond to your customer service inquiries or provide you with a service which you have requested;
• to protect our company, our customers, our associates, and our platform; and to collect and enforce accounts and to protect against fraud;
• for anti-counterfeiting purposes, and to fight against prohibited resale channels for LV products in violation of LV's general terms and conditions of sale and LV's selective distribution network (by monitoring in particular, quantities or frequency of products purchased); and
• to facilitate the operation and improvement of this website and services, including the processing, sorting and sending of orders or promotional materials, supplementing and/or updating our databases, after-sales services or website access services; and/or
• for marketing purposes, subject to your consent as required by applicable law (please refer to section 6 on "Direct Marketing" below).
4. SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
For the purposes mentioned above and for reporting purposes, your Personal Information may be shared with our group companies either in Hong Kong SAR or overseas (including Louis Vuitton Hong Kong Limited) for the purposes. Also, in order to operate the website or deliver a service, your Personal Information may also be shared with our service providers and suppliers (either in Hong Kong SAR or overseas) who provide administrative, telecommunications, computer, payment, or other services to us. We will provide our preferred service providers with the information they need to perform their services and work with them to respect and protect your Personal Information. We require our service providers to adhere to strict privacy guidelines and not to keep this information or use it for unauthorised purposes. Louis Vuitton may share your Personal Information (e.g., to monitor for potential fraudulent activity and other security-related purposes) with service providers who incorporate that data into their services (e.g. fraud management services) provided to Louis Vuitton and other clients. These service providers are not permitted to disclose your data to other clients.
If Louis Vuitton is merged, or in the event of a transfer of our assets, website or operations, Louis Vuitton may disclose or transfer your Personal Information to an actual or proposed assignee, participant, sub-participant or transferee in connection with such transaction.
Please note that we also may use overseas facilities to process or back up the data. Therefore, we may transfer your Personal Information to our overseas facilities for storage. However, this will not change our commitment to protecting your privacy.
5. ACCESSING AND CORRECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
In accordance with the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, you have the right to access and correct your Personal Information. If you wish to access or correct your Personal Information, please send your request in writing to us at 22/FL. Dorset House, 979 Kings Road, Quarry Bay, Hong Kong.
6. DIRECT MARKETING
We intend to use your Personal Information to send you information about our events, special offers and promotions in relation to the following products and services: Handbags, wallets, small leather goods, travel, accessories, shoes, ready to wear, fragrances and candles, jewellery and high jewellery, watches and accessories, games and collectables, home furniture and décor, books & writing. Your consent is required before we do so.
We also intend to share your Personal Information with our group companies either in Hong Kong or overseas, who provide the same products and services, for direct marketing purposes. Your written consent is required before we do so.
8. PROTECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to ensure your Personal Information is kept confidential and secure, and to take appropriate technical and organizational measures to prevent unlawful or accidental destruction, accidental loss, unauthorized disclosure or access or other unlawful forms of processing. We are particularly mindful to ensure appropriate protection and security of our information systems. Specific tools allowing us to detect security breaches have been implemented. The implementation of such tools may incidentally entail access by our security services to personal data. This data will be collected and processed for the exclusive purpose of managing the security breach and, in accordance with the applicable data protection regulations.
For users of our websites, however, please note that due to the open nature of the Internet, we cannot guarantee that any of your Personal Information stored in our servers, or transmitted to or from a user, will be free from unauthorized access, and we disclaim any liability for any theft or loss of, unauthorized access or damage to, or interception of any data or communications. By using our websites, you acknowledge that you understand and agree to assume these risks.
WE MAY LINK TO THIRD PARTY SITES OR SERVICES WE DO NOT CONTROL.
You may be able to access certain third party sites from our websites or apps.
For example, this may include social media sites. This policy does not apply to those third party sites. We strongly advise you to check the privacy policies of all third party sites you visit to find out how they are treating your personal information. We are not responsible for these third parties’ practices.
9. COOKIES AND TRACKING COOKIES
We use tracking technologies.
We collect personal information about users over time and across different websites, apps and devices when you use the platform. Third parties also collect personal information this way on our platform. To do this, we use several common tracking tools. Our vendors and partners may also use these tools. These may include cookies. Cookies are small files that download when you access certain websites. To learn more, visit here. We, or our vendors and partners, may also use web beacons, flash cookies, and other tracking technologies.
We use tracking technologies for a variety of reasons.
We use tracking tools:
• To recognize new or past users;
• To store your password if you have registered on our platform;
• To improve our platform, products, or services;
• To serve you with interest-based or targeted advertising (see below for more on interest-based advertising);
• To observe your behaviors and browsing activities over time across multiple devices or other platforms;
• To better understand the interests of our platform users; and
• To monitor for potential fraudulent activity and other security-related purposes.
These tools may collect details such as device and browser type, city geolocation based on IP address, URL, session age, how a user is navigating through the platform, how a user inputs details, and user settings.
We may engage in online behavioral advertising.
We and our partners may display interest-based advertising using information gathered about you over time across multiple websites, devices, or other platforms.
Interest-based advertising or “online behavioral advertising” includes ads served to you after you leave a website, encouraging you to return. These ads may be served after you leave our website, or after you leave the websites of third parties. They also include ads we and our partners think are relevant based on your browsing habits or online activities. These ads might be served on websites or apps. We might serve these ads, or third parties may serve ads. They might be about our products or other companies’ products.
As described above, we work with third parties who help gather this information. These third parties might link your name or email address to other information they collect. That might include past purchases made offline or online. Or, it might include online usage information.
You can control certain tracking tools.
Your browser may give you the ability to control cookies. How you do so depends on the type of cookie. Certain browsers can be set to reject browser cookies. These pages also explain how you can manage and delete cookies.
To control flash cookies, which we may use on our platform from time to time, you can go here; flash cookies cannot be controlled through your browser settings.
Some browsers have “do not track” features that allow you to tell a website not to track you. These features are not all uniform. We do not currently respond to those signals. If you block cookies, certain features on our platform may not work. If you block or reject cookies, not all of the tracking described here will stop.
Certain choices you make are both browser and device-specific. For example for Mobile Application and Location Based Services:
• If you have previously opted into the collection and use of location-based information through our mobile applications, you may opt-out by adjusting the settings on your mobile device.
• You may completely opt-out of all location-based information collection by us if you uninstall all of our mobile apps from your devices.
Each browser has its own cookie management system, as described in the “Help” menu of your browser, where you will be provided with all necessary information about how to set your preferences.
For Microsoft Internet Explorer:
1. Go to "Tools" menu, then "Internet Options"
2. Click on "Confidentiality"
3. Select your preferred level of confidentiality
For Mozilla Firefox:
1. Go to "Tools" then "Options" menu
2. Click on the "Privacy" settings
3. Select your preferred option on the "Cookie" menu
1. Go to "Files" then "Preferences"
2. Click on "Privacy"
3. Select your preferred options
For Android browser:
1. Click on the upper right button
2. Go to "Settings" then "Privacy & security"
3. Select your preferred option
For Dolphin Browser on Android:
1. In the Menu, go to "More" then "Settings"
2. Select the "Privacy & security"
3. Select you preferred option in the "cookies" menu
For Safari on iOS:
1. In the "Settings" app, go to "Safari" menu
2. Go to "Accept cookies" entry under "Privacy"
3. Select your preferred option
For Google Chrome:
1. Click the Chrome menu on the browser toolbar
2. Select “settings” then click “show advanced settings”
3. In the "Privacy" section, click the “Content settings” button
4. Select you preferred option in the "cookies" menu
If you share your device with other people and the device operates several browsers, we cannot guarantee that personalised services and advertisement designed to match your personal use of the Device (if such personalised services and advertisement are available) will correspond to your own use and rather than someone else’s.
11. CONTACT US
If you have any questions about the protection of your personal information please contact us at 22/FL., Dorset House, 979 Kings Road, Quarry Bay, Hong Kong.