Legal & Privacy
1. YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION IS IMPORTANT
We recognize that your privacy is very important and LVM is committed to protect your privacy. We will not collect and use your Personal Information as set out below unless you provide your Personal Information to us voluntarily. We will also comply with the requirements of the Hong Kong privacy legislation, Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance.
2. CHILDREN PRIVACY
If you are under the age of 15, you should use the Site only with the involvement of a parent or guardian and should not submit any Personal Information to us.
3. COLLECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We request the Personal Information from you when you:
- register your Personal Information for the purpose of creating an account in our website or requesting for our Newsletters;
- participate in a promotion or other website feature;
- request a catalog;
- request to receive any marketing, promotional or other types of communications;
- make enquiries or comments through our Customer Department.
- order any product from us and choose to have the ordered product delivered to you directly.
4. USING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- to improve our understanding of your interests, concerns and preferences
- to provide you with further information about changes to our website and service updates;
- to record statistical data for marketing analysis
- to communicate with you about account information, or customer service needs;
- to better respond to your customer service inquiries or provide you with a service which you have requested; and/or
- to arrange delivery of your ordered product at your request (including without limitation, to call you or send text messages to you to keep you updated on the status of delivery).
We may contact you at the phone number, address and email address which you provide to us for the purposes listed above.
If you would rather not receive any marketing e-mails from us, simply follow the unsubscribe instructions on the e-mail that you have received or by contacting the Privacy Officer using the contact details in section 15 below.
5. SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
For the purposes mentioned above and for reporting purposes, your Personal Information may be shared with our group companies either in Hong Kong or overseas for the purposes. Also, in order to operate the website or deliver a service, your Personal Information may also be shared with service providers, suppliers and other third parties or non LVM group companies either in Hong Kong or overseas. We will provide our preferred service providers with the information they need to perform their services and work with them to respect and protect your Personal Information. We require our service providers to adhere to strict privacy guidelines and not to keep this information or use it for unauthorised purposes.
We may share your Personal Information with our legally affiliated entities. If LVM is merged, or in the event of a transfer of our assets, Site or operations, LVM may disclose or transfer your Personal Information in connection with such transaction. LVM may also disclose your Personal Information where we believe it necessary to implement our terms of service or to protect the rights, property or personal safety of another LVM customer, any member of the public or LVM.
Please note also that LVM may use overseas facilities to process or back up its information. As a result, we may transfer your personal information to our overseas facilities for storage. However, this does not change any of our commitments to safeguard your privacy.
6. ACCESSING, MODIFYING OR DELETING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
If you wish to access or modify your Personal Information from our database, please send your request in writing to the attention of the Privacy Officer, 22/FL. Dorset House, 979 Kings Road, Quarry Bay, Hong Kong. We will make reasonable efforts to service your request in a timely manner.
7. DIRECT MARKETING
We intend to use your Personal Information to send you information about our events, special offers and promotions on the following products and services: Handbags, travel, small leather goods, accessories, shoes, ready to wear, timepieces, fine jewellery, Book & Stationary, perfumes and fragrances. We may share your Personal Information with our group companies either in Hong Kong or overseas, our affiliates and our business partners who provide the same products and services for direct marketing purposes. Your consent is required before we do so.
9. PROTECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to ensure your Personal Information is kept confidential and secure, and to take appropriate technical and organizational measures to prevent unlawful or accidental destruction, accidental loss, unauthorized disclosure or access or other unlawful forms of processing. We are particularly mindful to ensure appropriate protection and security of our Information Systems. Specific tools allowing us to detect security breaches have been implemented. The implementation of such tools may incidentally entail access by our security services to personal data. This data will be collected and processed for the exclusive purpose of managing the security breach and, in accordance with the applicable data protection regulations.
For users of the Site, however, please note that due to the open nature of the Internet, we cannot guarantee that any of your Personal Information stored in our servers, or transmitted to or from a user, will be free from unauthorized access, and we disclaim any liability for any theft or loss of, unauthorized access or damage to, or interception of any data or communications. By using the Site, you acknowledge that you understand and agree to assume these risks.
We will not rent, trade, distribute or sell any Personal Information that you give us to any third party referred to in section 7 above unless we receive your prior consent.
For users of the Site, please note that LVM may deposit “cookies” in your computer in order to identify you. Cookies are small data text files that are sent from a server computer during a browsing session. Cookies are typically stored on the computer’s hard drive and are used by web-sites to simulate a continuous connection to the site. Security measures have been employed to prevent unauthorized access to visitor data. However, visitors acknowledge that LVM does not control the transfer of data over telecommunication facilities including the Internet. Therefore, LVM will not be responsible for any breach of security or the unauthorized disclosure or use of any such data on the Internet. You may configure your browser to reject cookies. This may mean you may not be able to take full advantage of the services on the website.
11. REGISTRATION INFORMATION
Our Site contains areas where you can submit information to us (such as our registration service), and we also have features (such as cookies and performance tracking technology) that automatically collect information from the visitors to our Site. During the registration process, you must provide us with a password, your name, address and a valid email address. It is your responsibility to keep your password strictly confidential.
12. ACCESS AND AMENDMENT TO THE INFORMATION WE HAVE ABOUT YOU
If any time you wish to change Personal Information that is inaccurate or out of date, or you want to know exactly what Personal Information we hold about you, please contact us using the contact details in section 15 below. If you wish to have your Personal Information deleted, please let us know in the same manner as referred to above and we will take reasonable steps to delete it unless we need to keep it for legal reasons.
13. EMPLOYEE INFORMATION
15. PROBLEMS, QUERIES OR COMPLAINTS
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE
This Web-Site (hereinafter the « Website ») is published by Louis Vuitton Malletier SA, a company incorporated in France with a share capital of 21.119.700 Euros, registered with Paris Trade and Companies Registry under number 318 571 064, having its registered office located at 2 rue du Pont Neuf 75001 Paris, France. Tél : + 33 1 55 80 32 00
Publishing Director for the Website is: Michael Burke
The Website is hosted by Orange Business Services SA, with registered office located at 1, place des Droits de l’homme 93210 Saint-Denis La Plaine, France. Tél : +33 1 53 90 85 00
Access to the Website and the use of its contents is subject to the conditions set out below. By accessing the Website, the visitor is deemed to have irrevocably accepted these terms and conditions of use and to have agreed to abide by them. If the visitor does not accept these terms, its only remedy is to discontinue use of the Website.
This Website and all materials, text, code, content, software, graphics, photographs, illustrations, artwork, formats, files, devices and links contained in it or linked to it (together « Content ») are protected by copyrights, trademarks and other intellectual property rights owned by or licensed to, Louis Vuitton Malletier.
Anyone accessing this Website is entitled to view any part of it for private and personal use. However, Content must not be used or reproduced (in whole or in part) for any other purpose including, without limitation, on or in connection with any other Website or publication, or for direct commercial gain.
Louis Vuitton® products are sold exclusively through Louis Vuitton boutiques all over the world, or on the e-commerce section of the Website available solely within certain countries as further detailed on the Website. Any purchase outside of these points of sale is entirely at the purchaser’s risk, in particular with regard to the authenticity of any such purchased items.
Subject to the terms below, Louis Vuitton Malletier takes steps to ensure that the information accessed via the Website is accurate and up-to-date but can give no guarantee or warranty as to the accuracy, timeliness or completeness of any information or material appearing on it. Louis Vuitton Malletier reserves the right to correct the Website content at any time without prior notice and without liability.
In the conditions set forth by the law, Louis Vuitton Malletier cannot be held liable for:
- Any inaccuracy or omission in respect of the information or material provided on the Website by a third party
- Any inability to access the Website due to any third party act or action.
The visitor hereby acknowledges that access to the Website may be interrupted at any time by Louis Vuitton for maintenance, security, or any other technical reason. Louis Vuitton will not be liable if for any reason the Website is unavailable at any time or for any period.
Save for liability for which Louis Vuitton Malletier cannot by law restrict or exclude, Louis Vuitton Malletier shall have no liability to visitors to the Website or any third party for any direct, special, indirect, consequential or incidental damages, exemplary or lost profits, or any other damages of any kind whether based on warranty, contract, tort, negligence or otherwise, even where Louis Vuitton Malletier has been advised of the possibility of the same whether resulting from information or material directly or indirectly provided through the Website or otherwise. This does not affect any liability of Louis Vuitton Malletier for fraud or for death or personal injury arising from its negligence.
Visitors may exercise the above mentioned rights by sending us mail or emailing us by clicking here.
Our registered office located at 22/FL. Dorset House, 979 Kings Road, Quarry Bay, Hong Kong.
We are particularly mindful to ensure appropriate protection and security of our Information Systems. Specific tools allowing us to detect security breaches have been implemented. The implementation of such tools may incidentally entail access by our security services to personal data. This data will be collected and processed for the exclusive purpose of managing the security breach and, in accordance with the applicable data protection regulations.
Cookies may be stored on visitors’ computers’ hard drives at the time of their connection to the Website. Cookies are small data text files that are used by websites to simulate a continuous connection to that site and enhance the visitor’s browsing experience. Visitors may set their browser to disable cookies.
For Mozilla firefox:
- Go to "Tools " then "Options" menu
- Click on the "Privacy" setting
- Select your preferred options on the "cookie" menu
For Microsoft Internet Explorer:
- Go to "Tools" menu, then "Internet Options".
- Click on "Confidentiality"
- Select your preferred level of confidentiality.
- Go to "Files">"Preferences"
For Android Browser:
- Tap on the upper right button
- Go to "Setting" then "Privacy & security" menu
- Select your preferred option
For Dolphin Browser on Android:
- In the Menu, to to "More" then "Settings"
- Select the "Privacy & security settings" menu
- Select your preferred option on the "cookies" menu
For Safari on iOS:
- In the "Settings" app, go to "Safari" menu
- Go to "Accept cookies" entry under "Privacy"
- Select your preferred option
Security measures have been employed to ensure security and confidentiality of visitors’ data. However, visitors acknowledge that Louis Vuitton Malletier does not control the transfer of data over telecommunication facilities including the Internet. Therefore, Louis Vuitton Malletier warns visitors against any potential risk involved by the use of the Internet in this respect.
Hypertext links to the Website (other than other websites operated by Louis Vuitton Malletier) may only be included with prior written consent from Louis Vuitton Malletier, which may be withheld at any time.
Louis Vuitton Malletier has no responsibility for the content of such pages. Louis Vuitton Malletier hereby informs visitors that these general terms and conditions may be modified at any time. As soon as they are displayed online, each visitor who accesses the Website is deemed to have accepted these modifications without restriction. It is therefore the visitor’s responsibility to read these terms and conditions prior to browsing the Website.
These terms and conditions are governed by Hong Kong law and Hong Kong courts shall have sole jurisdiction over any action in relation with the use of this Website.
Terms & Conditions of Sale
Return and Exchange
1. We offer free return and exchange service within 30 days (including holidays). For product return, we will offer you a store credit note in the amount which is equivalent to the price of the product returned. Please call our Client Services Center to arrange the service for you.
2. Please check the contents of your ordered item(s) upon receipt. If you discover any discrepancies or shortages, please call our Client Services within 24 hours upon discovery for our advisors to assist you.
3. Returns or exchanges will only be processed where products are in new and unused condition with complete packaging (including invoices, proof of purchase, protective film/sleeves of the products, the products and packaging boxes and sleeves, accessories, and all accompanying documents and items.).
Fragrance must be returned in the original sealed packaging.
4. When returning the products, please be sure to seal them back by the original packaging method to prevent the products from being lost or damaged in transit. In addition, for follow-up inquires and tracking, please keep the shipping receipts of products' return until the return or exchange is completed.
5. Return or exchange of the products will not be accepted in the following circumstances:
• The time frame for return and exchange service within 30 days has expired (30 days from the date of receipt of the product).
• The product is not in new and unused condition, e.g. odor, dirt, damage due to personal factors (contaminated with cosmetics, fragrance, etc.)
• Incomplete return of invoices, proof of purchase, protective film/sleeves of products, products and packaging boxes and sleeves, accessories, and all accompanying documents and items.
• Hot-stamping, personalized custom products, and special order products.
1. You understand and agree that the product or certain styles you ordered may be out of stock or discontinued. If Louis Vuitton cannot ship to you or your designated recipient for whatever reason, Louis Vuitton will contact you and return the entire amount you paid. In the event of any inability to ship, to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, you agree that Louis Vuitton shall not be liable for any damages or compensation other than refunding the entire amount you paid.
2. You understand and agree that any payment by you in respect of any order (whether a deposit payment or full payment for a product) shall not constitute our acceptance of your order. All orders placed are subject to stock availability and a review process which includes but is not limited to fraud screening and order review, before they may be deemed accepted by us. Upon our confirmation of stock availability and satisfactory completion of the said review process, we will notify you by way of email that your order has been confirmed and accepted. Louis Vuitton shall be entitled to cancel any order which has not been confirmed and/or accepted by us, and save for refunding the entire amount paid by you in respect of such order, Louis Vuitton shall not be liable or in any way responsible, to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law.
Subject to any right you have under applicable law or unless otherwise specified in the section titled "Orders" above, you acknowledge and agree that we have no refund obligation to you. If applicable, the refund will be processed after receiving and inspecting the returned products and documents in full.
• Paid by credit card: directly refund to the original credit card account.
If the designated recipient you provided is not you, before confirming the order, please ensure that the recipient has agreed to your provision of his/her personal information (including his/her name, address and telephone number) to Louis Vuitton to collect, process and use for the purpose of delivering products. You hereby undertake that you will not designate a certain person as the recipient if he/she has not agreed to Louis Vuitton to collect, process, conduct international transfer and use his/her personal information. If you fail to comply and thereby cause loss to Louis Vuitton or where Louis Vuitton becomes subject to a civil action from the recipient as a result, you further undertake to compensate all loss and costs (including reasonable legal fees) incurred to Louis Vuitton arising from such incidents.
For more information, please contact our Client Services Center at +852 8100 1182. Louis Vuitton reserves the right to interpret and amend these terms and conditions without prior notice.