Legal & Privacy
1. THE IMPORTANCE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We recognize that your privacy is very important and Louis Vuitton is committed to protecting your privacy. We will not collect and use your Personal Information as set out below unless you provide your Personal Information to us voluntarily. We will also comply with the requirements of the Hong Kong privacy legislation, Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance. If you choose not to provide your Personal Information, you will not be able to receive the product or service you ordered or otherwise register on our websites, apps or other media.
2. COLLECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We request Personal Information from you when you:
• register your Personal Information for the purpose of creating an account on our website or requesting for our Newsletters;
• participate in a promotion or other website feature;
• request a catalog;
• request to receive any marketing, promotional or other types of communications;
• make enquiries or comments through our Customer Department; and/or
• buy merchandise on our platform.
• Identification and Contact information (such as name, address, phone number or e-mail address), when you are willing to provide them for instance to sign up for an online account or fill out a customer information card in store, to participate in an event, to make a purchase, or when you request a “Collect in Store” service in store.
• Payment information: for instance credit card details, bank account numbers or other payment details which you must provide to receive products or services you have ordered from us.
• Demographic information like your gender and birthday.
• Your image when you visit our stores (as CCTVs are in place), or your voice when you call LV Client Services (since your call may be recorded).
• Preferences and interests which you choose to disclose in the course of your confidential contacts or encounters with our client advisors (which may include your preferences about our collections or other luxury brands, your size, your lifestyle, or basic information on your family circle).
• Information, which may include health information, related to possible adverse effect caused by our cosmetic products.
• Information you submit or post in a public space, on our social media pages or our websites, for example for a product review.
• Information about your purchases online or in stores. This could include the products you purchased and their prices.
• If you use our web sites or our mobile app, we may collect information about the browser you are using, and your browsing behaviour.
• If you use our mobile app, we may collect your GPS location, subject to your consent when required. We might also look at how often you use the app and where you downloaded it.
• If you use our connected products, we may collect information regarding your use of such products (such as which features on our product you use the most, or battery level information), as well as geolocation information if necessary to provide you the service you requested.
We may also collect information posted on third party websites or social media platforms about LV products and services, when necessary for the purposes defined hereunder and to the extent permitted by applicable law.
Your personal information is collected either directly from you (e.g., if you create an account on one of our websites/apps or make a purchase or otherwise interact with our client advisors in stores or with our LV Client Services), or from you passively (e.g., when using tracking tools like browser cookies), or from third parties (e.g. through social media platforms) to the extent permitted by applicable law.
3. USING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Your Personal Information will be used for the following purposes:
• to improve our understanding of your interests, concerns and preferences;
• to provide you with further information about changes to our website and service updates;
• to record statistical data for marketing analysis;
• to communicate with you about account information, or customer service needs;
• to better respond to your customer service inquiries or provide you with a service which you have requested;
• to protect our company, our customers, our associates, and our platform; and to collect and enforce accounts and to protect against fraud;
• for anti-counterfeiting purposes, and to fight against prohibited resale channels for LV products in violation of LV's general terms and conditions of sale and LV's selective distribution network (by monitoring in particular, quantities or frequency of products purchased); and
• to facilitate the operation and improvement of this website and services, including the processing, sorting and sending of orders or promotional materials, supplementing and/or updating our databases, after-sales services or website access services; and/or
• for marketing purposes, subject to your consent as required by applicable law (please refer to section 6 on "Direct Marketing" below).
4. SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
For the purposes mentioned above and for reporting purposes, your Personal Information may be shared with our group companies either in Hong Kong SAR or overseas (including Louis Vuitton Hong Kong Limited) for the purposes. Also, in order to operate the website or deliver a service, your Personal Information may also be shared with our service providers and suppliers (either in Hong Kong SAR or overseas) who provide administrative, telecommunications, computer, payment, or other services to us. We will provide our preferred service providers with the information they need to perform their services and work with them to respect and protect your Personal Information. We require our service providers to adhere to strict privacy guidelines and not to keep this information or use it for unauthorised purposes. Louis Vuitton may share your Personal Information (e.g., to monitor for potential fraudulent activity and other security-related purposes) with service providers who incorporate that data into their services (e.g. fraud management services) provided to Louis Vuitton and other clients. These service providers are not permitted to disclose your data to other clients.
If Louis Vuitton is merged, or in the event of a transfer of our assets, website or operations, Louis Vuitton may disclose or transfer your Personal Information to an actual or proposed assignee, participant, sub-participant or transferee in connection with such transaction.
Please note that we also may use overseas facilities to process or back up the data. Therefore, we may transfer your Personal Information to our overseas facilities for storage. However, this will not change our commitment to protecting your privacy.
5. ACCESSING AND CORRECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
In accordance with the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, you have the right to access and correct your Personal Information. If you wish to access or correct your Personal Information, please send your request in writing to us at 22/FL. Dorset House, 979 Kings Road, Quarry Bay, Hong Kong.
6. DIRECT MARKETING
We intend to use your Personal Information to send you information about our events, special offers and promotions in relation to the following products and services: Handbags, wallets, small leather goods, travel, accessories, shoes, ready to wear, fragrances and candles, jewellery and high jewellery, watches and accessories, games and collectables, home furniture and décor, books & writing. Your consent is required before we do so.
We also intend to share your Personal Information with our group companies either in Hong Kong or overseas, who provide the same products and services, for direct marketing purposes. Your written consent is required before we do so.
8. PROTECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to ensure your Personal Information is kept confidential and secure, and to take appropriate technical and organizational measures to prevent unlawful or accidental destruction, accidental loss, unauthorized disclosure or access or other unlawful forms of processing. We are particularly mindful to ensure appropriate protection and security of our information systems. Specific tools allowing us to detect security breaches have been implemented. The implementation of such tools may incidentally entail access by our security services to personal data. This data will be collected and processed for the exclusive purpose of managing the security breach and, in accordance with the applicable data protection regulations.
For users of our websites, however, please note that due to the open nature of the Internet, we cannot guarantee that any of your Personal Information stored in our servers, or transmitted to or from a user, will be free from unauthorized access, and we disclaim any liability for any theft or loss of, unauthorized access or damage to, or interception of any data or communications. By using our websites, you acknowledge that you understand and agree to assume these risks.
WE MAY LINK TO THIRD PARTY SITES OR SERVICES WE DO NOT CONTROL.
You may be able to access certain third party sites from our websites or apps.
For example, this may include social media sites. This policy does not apply to those third party sites. We strongly advise you to check the privacy policies of all third party sites you visit to find out how they are treating your personal information. We are not responsible for these third parties’ practices.
9. COOKIES AND TRACKING COOKIES
We use tracking technologies.
We collect personal information about users over time and across different websites, apps and devices when you use the platform. Third parties also collect personal information this way on our platform. To do this, we use several common tracking tools. Our vendors and partners may also use these tools. These may include cookies. Cookies are small files that download when you access certain websites. To learn more, visit here. We, or our vendors and partners, may also use web beacons, flash cookies, and other tracking technologies.
We use tracking technologies for a variety of reasons.
We use tracking tools:
• To recognize new or past users;
• To store your password if you have registered on our platform;
• To improve our platform, products, or services;
• To serve you with interest-based or targeted advertising (see below for more on interest-based advertising);
• To observe your behaviors and browsing activities over time across multiple devices or other platforms;
• To better understand the interests of our platform users; and
• To monitor for potential fraudulent activity and other security-related purposes.
These tools may collect details such as device and browser type, city geolocation based on IP address, URL, session age, how a user is navigating through the platform, how a user inputs details, and user settings.
We may engage in online behavioral advertising.
We and our partners may display interest-based advertising using information gathered about you over time across multiple websites, devices, or other platforms.
Interest-based advertising or “online behavioral advertising” includes ads served to you after you leave a website, encouraging you to return. These ads may be served after you leave our website, or after you leave the websites of third parties. They also include ads we and our partners think are relevant based on your browsing habits or online activities. These ads might be served on websites or apps. We might serve these ads, or third parties may serve ads. They might be about our products or other companies’ products.
As described above, we work with third parties who help gather this information. These third parties might link your name or email address to other information they collect. That might include past purchases made offline or online. Or, it might include online usage information.
You can control certain tracking tools.
Your browser may give you the ability to control cookies. How you do so depends on the type of cookie. Certain browsers can be set to reject browser cookies. These pages also explain how you can manage and delete cookies.
To control flash cookies, which we may use on our platform from time to time, you can go here; flash cookies cannot be controlled through your browser settings.
Some browsers have “do not track” features that allow you to tell a website not to track you. These features are not all uniform. We do not currently respond to those signals. If you block cookies, certain features on our platform may not work. If you block or reject cookies, not all of the tracking described here will stop.
Certain choices you make are both browser and device-specific. For example for Mobile Application and Location Based Services:
• If you have previously opted into the collection and use of location-based information through our mobile applications, you may opt-out by adjusting the settings on your mobile device.
• You may completely opt-out of all location-based information collection by us if you uninstall all of our mobile apps from your devices.
Each browser has its own cookie management system, as described in the “Help” menu of your browser, where you will be provided with all necessary information about how to set your preferences.
For Microsoft Internet Explorer:
1. Go to "Tools" menu, then "Internet Options"
2. Click on "Confidentiality"
3. Select your preferred level of confidentiality
For Mozilla Firefox:
1. Go to "Tools" then "Options" menu
2. Click on the "Privacy" settings
3. Select your preferred option on the "Cookie" menu
1. Go to "Files" then "Preferences"
2. Click on "Privacy"
3. Select your preferred options
For Android browser:
1. Click on the upper right button
2. Go to "Settings" then "Privacy & security"
3. Select your preferred option
For Dolphin Browser on Android:
1. In the Menu, go to "More" then "Settings"
2. Select the "Privacy & security"
3. Select you preferred option in the "cookies" menu
For Safari on iOS:
1. In the "Settings" app, go to "Safari" menu
2. Go to "Accept cookies" entry under "Privacy"
3. Select your preferred option
For Google Chrome:
1. Click the Chrome menu on the browser toolbar
2. Select “settings” then click “show advanced settings”
3. In the "Privacy" section, click the “Content settings” button
4. Select you preferred option in the "cookies" menu
If you share your device with other people and the device operates several browsers, we cannot guarantee that personalised services and advertisement designed to match your personal use of the Device (if such personalised services and advertisement are available) will correspond to your own use and rather than someone else’s.
11. CONTACT US
If you have any questions about the protection of your personal information please contact us at 22/FL., Dorset House, 979 Kings Road, Quarry Bay, Hong Kong.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE
This Web-Site (hereinafter the « Website ») is published by Louis Vuitton Malletier SAS, a company incorporated in France with a share capital of 21,119,700 Euros, registered with Paris Trade and Companies Registry under number 318 571 064, having its registered office located at 2 rue du Pont Neuf 75001 Paris, France. Tél : + 33 1 55 80 32 00.
Access to the Website and the use of its contents is subject to the conditions set out below. By accessing the Website, the visitor is deemed to have irrevocably accepted these terms and conditions of use and to have agreed to abide by them. If the visitor does not accept these terms, its only remedy is to discontinue use of the Website.
This Website and all materials, text, code, content, software, graphics, photographs, illustrations, artwork, formats, files, devices and links contained in it or linked to it (together « Content ») are protected by patent rights, copyrights, trademarks and other intellectual property rights owned by or licensed to, Louis Vuitton Malletier (the “LVM”).
Anyone accessing this Website is entitled to view any part of it for private and personal use. However, Content must not be used or reproduced (in whole or in part) for any other purpose including, without limitation, on or in connection with any other website or publication, or for direct commercial gain.
Louis Vuitton® products are sold exclusively through Louis Vuitton stores all over the world, on the e-commerce section of the Website available solely within certain countries/regions as further detailed on the Website, or via telephone sales by LVM and/or LVM’s affiliated companies (collectively “Louis Vuitton”).
Any purchase outside of these points of sale is entirely at the purchaser’s risk, in particular with regard to the authenticity of any such purchased items. Louis Vuitton does not guarantee that all products displayed on the Website will be available in-store, or that all products displayed in-store will be available on the Website.
Subject to the terms below, Louis Vuitton takes steps to ensure that the information accessed via the Website is accurate and up-to-date regularly but can give no guarantee or warranty as to the accuracy, timeliness or completeness of any information or material appearing on it. Louis Vuitton reserves the right to correct the Website content at any time without prior notice and without liability.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, Louis Vuitton will not be held liable for:
• Any inaccuracy or omission in respect of the information or material provided on the Website by an authorized third party; or
• Any inability to access the Website due to any third party act or action.
The visitor of this Website hereby acknowledges that access to the Website may be interrupted at any time by Louis Vuitton for maintenance, security, or any other technical reason. Louis Vuitton will not be liable for any reason that the Website is unavailable at any time or for any period.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, Louis Vuitton shall have no liability to visitors to the Website or any third party for any direct, special, indirect, consequential or incidental damages, exemplary or lost profits, or any other damages of any kind whether based on warranty, contract, tort, negligence or otherwise, even where Louis Vuitton has been advised of the possibility of the aforesaid damages. This does not affect any liability of Louis Vuitton for fraud or for death or personal injury arising from its negligence.
Each visitor to the Website may, at his/her option, provide Louis Vuitton with personal information, in order for Louis Vuitton to better understand visitors’ expectations, and to provide information to visitors. If the visitor has notified Louis Vuitton that he/she wishes to receive any further details of Louis Vuitton products or services and has provided his/her consent as required by applicable law, Louis Vuitton may contact the visitor by his/her preferred channels of communication (such as email, telephone or post) to provide the visitor with details of Louis Vuitton products, services or events.
You can write to Louis Vuitton at 22/FL., Dorset House, 979 Kings Road, Quarry Bay, Hong Kong in accordance with the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance to request access to or correct your personal information. We will evaluate your request based on the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance and respond to you within the period specified by the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance.
Security measures have been employed to ensure security and confidentiality of visitors’ personal information. However, visitors acknowledge that Louis Vuitton does not control the transfer of data over telecommunication facilities including the Internet. Therefore, Louis Vuitton warns visitors against any potential risk involved by the use of the Internet in this respect.
Hyperlinks to the Website (other than on other websites operated by Louis Vuitton) may only be included with prior written consent from Louis Vuitton, which may be withheld at any time. Louis Vuitton is not responsible for the content of such third party websites.
Louis Vuitton hereby informs visitors that these general terms and conditions may be modified at any time in its sole discretion without prior notice. As soon as they are displayed online, each visitor who accesses the Website is deemed to have accepted these modifications without restriction. It is therefore the visitor’s responsibility to read these terms and conditions prior to browsing the Website.
These terms and conditions are governed by Hong Kong law and Hong Kong courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim (including non-contractual disputes or claims) arising out of or in connection with these terms and conditions or the use of this Website.
Terms of Purchase
1. ORDERING PROCESS
All advertisements on the Site are invitations to purchase and not offers to sell. Louis Vuitton reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to accept or reject the order once the order form has been completed and submitted, and/or once the payment for the order has been made.
Receipt of your order will be confirmed via an automatic e-mail to the e-mail address associated with your account. Such e-mail is a confirmation that your order has been received by Louis Vuitton but does not constitute acceptance of your order. Louis Vuitton reserves the right at any time after receipt of your order and/or payment to accept or decline your order for any reason and will contact you at the e-mail address provided in the order form of its decision to accept or reject your order. In the event that Louis Vuitton rejects the order, Louis Vuitton will have no obligation to fulfill your order and you will have no obligation to pay Louis Vuitton for the order. If payment has been made, Louis Vuitton will contact you and refund the entire amount paid.
The purchase of products is subject to availability. In the event that Louis Vuitton advises you that such products are no longer available, Louis Vuitton will have no obligation to fulfill your order and you will have no obligation to pay Louis Vuitton for the order. If payment has been made, Louis Vuitton will contact you and refund the entire amount paid. Louis Vuitton Hong Kong only ships products to addresses in Hong Kong SAR.
In the event Louis Vuitton is unable to ship the product to you or your designated recipient for any reason (including but not limited to reasons such as the product or certain styles ordered is out of stock or has been discontinued, or your purchase has violated the "Restrictions" policy in Section 13 below), Louis Vuitton will contact you and refund the entire amount paid. You agree that in the event the product(s) cannot be shipped to you (for any reason), save for the obligation to refund all amounts paid, Louis Vuitton shall not be liable to you in respect of any compensation or damages.
In certain circumstances, you may be able to place a "backorder" for products, e.g. where products are out of stock or are made-to-order. You acknowledge and agree that, at the time of placing the backorder, either your credit card will be authorized but not charged until the backorder ships, or your credit card will be charged at the time of placing the backorder. In any case, you agree that in the event the backordered product(s) cannot be shipped to you (for any reason, and whether or not attributable to Louis Vuitton), save for the obligation to release the credit card authorization or refund all amounts paid (as applicable), Louis Vuitton shall not be liable to you in respect of any compensation or damages, and shall not be liable to you for any interest.
You agree to pay Louis Vuitton the amount set out as the “TOTAL” in your order summary as part of the “Payment” step (the “Fee”), or if it is a Telephone Sale, the total amount communicated to you over the telephone which will be set out in your invoice (the “Fee”). The Fee is quoted in Hong Kong dollars and includes shipping and handling and all applicable taxes.
It is possible that, despite taking all reasonable care, some of the products we sell may be incorrectly priced. If the product's correct price at your order date is higher than the price stated to you, we will contact you for your instructions before we accept your order at the correct price. If we accept and process your order where a pricing error is obvious and unmistakable and could reasonably have been recognised by you as a pricing error, we are under no obligation to provide the product to you at the incorrect (lower) price, and we may refund to you any sums you have paid and require the return of any products provided to you.
4. METHODS OF PAYMENT
When placing an order, your billing address must correspond to the address of your credit card, otherwise we will not be able to process your order. Gift cards and gift certificates will not be applicable on the Site (including its mobile version) or Telephone Sales. You may pay for your purchase using a valid VISA, MasterCard, JCB, American Express or bank transfer, and for credit card purchases, you authorize Louis Vuitton to charge the applicable card for the Fee and you represent and warrant that you are the cardholder of the applicable card. If your card is rejected by the card issuer, your order will not be shipped and Louis Vuitton will have no obligation to fulfill your order.
Your order will be shipped to the Hong Kong SAR delivery address specified by you during the order process. Louis Vuitton is not responsible for any loss of the products following shipment from Louis Vuitton’s or its agents’ or mandataries’ facilities to your delivery address.
You may also choose to collect the products from one of our stores offering the "Collect in Store" service, by indicating your choice during the order process.
Delivery may be unavoidably delayed due to severe weather, natural disasters and other conditions beyond our control. We will endeavour to contact you to rearrange the dispatch of all orders asap once the situations resume normal.
6. RETURNS AND EXCHANGES
Where you are the purchaser of the products, we offer free exchange service within 30 days from receipt of the order, and free return/ refunds within 7 days from receipt of the order (including public holidays).
Where you are the gift receiver of the products (i.e. you received the products as a gift from the purchaser), you may exchange the gift for product(s) equivalent to or of greater value than the gift received, within 30 days from receipt of the order. Where the product(s) are of greater value than the gift received, you agree to pay the difference in value. We do not offer refunds or partial refunds to gift receivers, or exchanges for products of a lesser value than the gift to gift receivers.
Please call the Customer Service Center to make the necessary arrangements.
Upon receipt of your order, please check the contents of the package to ensure they correspond with your order. Should you note any discrepancies or shortages, please call our Customer Service Center within 24 hours from receipt of the order so that our customer service agents may provide the necessary assistance.
Products that are returned for exchange or refund must be brand new and unused with complete packaging (including the relevant invoice, proof of purchase, protective packaging and sleeves, packaging box (both shipping box and box containing the product) and all accompanying documents and items in perfect condition).
All merchandise returned for exchange or refund must be in perfect saleable condition. For perfume returns, the crystal wrapping (if any) must remain sealed and not tampered with for an exchange or refund to be accepted (perfume samples do not need to be returned). When returning watches or jewellery, you must return the complete product, including the packaging, instructions leaflet (with the warranty certificate on the final page), product certificates (such as COSC and GIA, where applicable) and the invoice.
When returning the product, please ensure that they are sealed according to the original packaging method to prevent loss/damage of the product during transit. Please retain your copy of the proof of shipment until the refund is processed and completed, for ease of tracking and follow-up inquiries.
Exchange or return of products will not apply in the following situations:
• Expiry of the 30-day exchange policy or expiry of the 7-day return policy (calculated from the day of receipt of the product and including public holidays).
• Odor, dirt, damage arising due to personal reasons (e.g. contamination by cosmetics, fragrances etc.)
• Incomplete returns such as missing documents, products, items, invoices, proof of purchase, protective packaging and sleeves, interior and exterior packaging etc.
• Hot-stamping, personalized custom-made products (such as My LV Heritage, My LV World Tour, or personalized sneakers) and special order products.
• Mask covers and swimwear cannot be returned or exchanged for sanitary reasons.
• Where purchases are made online, in-store exchanges or refunds are not applicable. However, if you return an online purchase (for refund or exchange) in-store, our client advisors will assist you with refund or exchange in accordance with these Terms of Purchase.
The refund will only be processed upon receipt of the product and corresponding invoice and after the necessary checks to ensure that the product is complete and in perfect condition.
• Payment by way of credit card: direct refund to the same credit card account.
• Payment by way of bank transfer: direct wire transfer to the same bank account.
All refunds may only be made in the same currency and country/region as the original purchase.
You are responsible for the security of your account and password. Louis Vuitton will not be liable for any damages and expenses arising out of or relating to any unauthorized use of such password.
9. CHANGES TO TERMS OF PURCHASE
Louis Vuitton may at any time modify these Terms of Purchase in its sole discretion without prior notice, and will post a copy of the amended version at https://hk.louisvuitton.com/eng-hk/legal-privacy
10. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable laws, in no event will Louis Vuitton be liable for any indirect, general, special, incidental, consequential, punitive or aggravated damages or lost profits, or any other damages of any kind, arising out of or in connection with any products purchased on this Site or their use or misuse, whether or not arising from breach of contract, tort (including negligence), civil liability or otherwise, even if it has been advised of the possibility of such damages. This exclusion of liability will apply notwithstanding the breach of a fundamental term or condition of this Terms of Purchase or any fundamental breach of this Terms of Purchase.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable laws, Louis Vuitton’s total liability to you for all losses, damages, injury and causes of action arising out of or in connection with any products purchased on this Site or via Telephone Sale and any use made thereof will be limited to all fees paid by you to Louis Vuitton hereunder for the purchase of such products.
11. APPLICABLE LAW
These Terms of Purchase will be governed by the laws of Hong Kong SAR. The courts of Hong Kong SAR shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim (including non-contractual disputes or claims) arising out of or in connection with these Terms of Purchase, your use of the Site, or a purchase made on the Site or via Telephone Sale.
To ensure better service and better availability of our products, Louis Vuitton limits the quantity of products that can be purchased as follows: no more than 3 leather goods (including small leather goods) per transaction, with no more than 2 identical products per such transaction. Also customers cannot, within 4 consecutive weeks, (i) buy more than 6 leather goods products (including small leather goods products), or (ii) buy in more than 3 different LV stores in the worldwide network, or (iii) conduct more than 8 transactions of all kind of products.
In any case the total number of purchased leather goods (including small leather goods products) will not exceed 12 products within 12 consecutive months.